- Tulum is the 3rd most visited Archeological Site in México after Teotihuacan and Chichen Itza with more than 2 million visits per year.
- The original name of the site was Zama, which means sunrise. Tulum, which means wall, was the name given once this Mayan archaeological site was discovered.
costalreef acts as a barrier where ships would sink if not accessed through a straight line right in front of the lighthouse.
- Tulum was a school of astronomy attended by Aztec nobles, Zapotecs and other cultures at the time of its splendor.
- This is one of the few Mayan cities that were still inhabited when the Spaniards
came,but were wiped out by diseases brought by them.
- The city of Tulum was a major gateway for connecting the Mayan Peninsula with other people from Honduras and the Gulf of México.